The Hong Kong Housing Authority (HA) introduced in the past few decades various subsidised home ownership schemes, including the Home Ownership Scheme (HOS), the Tenants Purchase Scheme (TPS), Home Purchase Loan Scheme and the Home Assistance Loan Scheme. Since 1997, we have also been operating the HOS Secondary Market Scheme (SMS), which provides an alternative for public rental housing (PRH) tenants to own a home. This in turn enables us to recover more PRH flats for allocation to families in need. In response to the home ownership aspirations of the community, the Government announced in 2011 the resumption of the HOS. The HA is responsible for producing the new HOS flats and working out the implementation details. Following the pre-sale of the third batch of new HOS flats in March 2017, we put up about 4 400 new HOS flats for pre-sale in end March 2018. The HA launched the Green Form Subsidised Home Ownership Pilot Scheme in October 2016 to help Green Form applicants achieve home ownership, through sale of flats with prices set at a level lower than those of HOS flats, while releasing more PRH flats for allocation to those applying for PRH.
- Ballots drawn for White Form Secondary Market Scheme 2018 (30/07/2018)
- HA approves revised selling prices, sales arrangements and resale restrictions for HOS Flats 2018 (17/07/2018)
- Home Ownership Scheme applicant convicted by court for false statement (25/06/2018)
- Site selected for first regularised Green Form Subsidised Home Ownership Scheme project (27/04/2018)
- Applications for purchase under Sale of Home Ownership Scheme Flats 2018 and White Form Secondary Market Scheme 2018 to start on March 29 (21/03/2018)