The Housing Authority (HA) introduced in the past few decades various subsidised home ownership schemes, including the Home Ownership Scheme (HOS), the Tenants Purchase Scheme (TPS) and the Home Assistance Loan Scheme. In response to the home ownership aspirations of the community, the Government announced in 2011 the resumption of the HOS. Since 1997, we have also been operating the HOS Secondary Market Scheme (SMS), which provides an alternative for public rental housing (PRH) tenants to own a home. This in turn enables us to recover more PRH flats for allocation to families in need. An Interim Scheme to extend the SMS to White Form buyers with a quota of 5 000 was implemented in 2013. One more round of the Interim Scheme with a quota of 2 500 will be launched in the second half of 2015. The HA is responsible for producing the new HOS flats and working out the implementation details. The first batch of new HOS flats is expected to be completed in 2016/17 and pre-sale is scheduled for end December 2014.
- Reply to LegCo Question : Interim Scheme to Extend the Home Ownership Scheme Secondary Market to White Form Buyers (17/12/2014)
- Reply to LegCo Question : Interim Scheme to Extend the Home Ownership Scheme Secondary Market to White Form Buyers (10/12/2014)
- Reply to LegCo Question : Measures to meet public demand for housing (03/12/2014)
- HA decides to implement new round of Interim Scheme to Extend the Home Ownership Scheme Secondary Market to White Form Buyers (24/11/2014)
- HA's Subsidised Housing Committee approves arrangements for the Sale of Home Ownership Scheme Flats 2014 (10/11/2014)