Header Menu
Skip to main content
Navigation Menu
Sub Navigation Menu Estate Locator
Input search character
Main Content
Property Management
Photo: Property Management

The Hong Kong Housing Authority (HA) provides a Structural Safety Guarantee to owners of domestic flats sold under the Home Ownership Scheme (HOS), Private Sector Participation Scheme (PSPS) and Green Form Subsidised Home Ownership Pilot Scheme (GSH). A ten-year Structural Safety Guarantee (or twenty-year Structural Safety Guarantee for developments in Tin Shui Wai Area) is provided counting from the commencement date of 'Flat Selection Period' or the date of building completion of individual courts.

For Tenants Purchase Scheme (TPS), we provide a seven-year Structural Safety Guarantee after sale.

However, since HOS / PSPS / GSH Courts / TPS estates are private properties, owners should take up the responsibility of managing their own property. Good property management not only ensures a better living environment, but also helps enhancing the value of the properties.

Owners' Corporation (OC)

We encourage the owners to form OC to take over the management responsibilities of their courts from HA pursuant to the Building Management Ordinance (BMO) (Cap.344).  According to the Government lease granted for the new HOS / GSH courts, HA shall, subject to the provisions of Deed of Mutual Covenant, manage the court for a period of 24 calendar months from the date of issue of a Completion Certificate or until the formation of OC, whichever is the earlier. 

BMO, enacted in 1993, provides a sound legal framework for building management. An OC is an organisation formed by owners under BMO to manage the common parts of the court /estate and make decisions on matters concerning its management on behalf of the owners. 

Government Assistance

Before forming an OC, owners can browse the homepage of the Home Affairs Department - Building Management that provides comprehensive information on building management, such as the Government's policy, role of the Home Affairs Department and support to the owners and OC.   Owners can also send e-mail enquiries through the website. 

Property Management

Prior to the formation of OC, HA will appoint a qualified Property Services Agent (PSA) to take care of the court management matters and also assist owners in monitoring the performance of PSA.

After the formation of OC, owners must comply with the requirements of BMO in the appointment of a professional management agent for the delivery of management services to the court.  The operation of OC, the administration and practices by estate manager and the involvement of owners, etc.  must conform to the provisions of BMO.

The Lands Tribunal provides an efficient and less costly channel through which residents can process and settle any proceedings or disputes regarding building management.

If you have any enquiries, please contact management office of the court / estate concerned.

Back to top

Footer Site Map