Provided that there is no breach of the existing tenancy agreement, sitting tenants in self-contained flats in the selected estates will be offered the opportunity to purchase their own flats. In general, all flats in the selected estates will be for sale except for the following flats:
||Housing for Senior Citizens and Small Household Block
||Flats used for social welfare purposes
||Flats with common entrance and communal facilities such as bathroom, kitchen and entrance
There will be no restriction on the purchaser's household income, household size and property ownership. However, the household must fulfill the following conditions:
- The purchaser and his / her household members must be authorised occupants in a public rental housing (PRH) estate of the Housing Authority (HA). The purchaser can be the Tenant or other authorised occupants. Tenancy of the flat occupied by the purchaser will terminate upon his / her purchase of the flat under this scheme.
- The purchaser and the authorised occupants included in the same tenancy must be listed in the same Letter of Offer;
- The Letter of Offer must be vetted by the Estate Office of the TPS estate where the purchaser resides;
- The purchaser must be 18 years old or above;
- The purchaser and the authorised occupants included in the same tenancy must not be in breach of any of the terms and conditions of the tenancy agreement of the existing flat;
- If the purchaser or any of his / her household members is served with a Notice to Quit by the HA under the Marking Scheme for Estate Management Enforcement, the Letter of Offer he / she has submitted will not be accepted even if the Tenant has lodged an appeal against the termination of the tenancy. The intention money will be refunded to the purchaser in full without any interest.
- Spouses of the purchaser and respective authorised occupants must be listed in the same Letter of Offer unless they are lawfully divorced or do not have the right to land in Hong Kong (Addition or deletion to / from the tenancy should be carried out in accordance with current regulations).
Note for Families Occupying Two Units:
- Households comprising only one nuclear family and occupying two PRH flats will not be able to purchase one of their flats and retain the other for rental. They may only choose to purchase or continue to rent both units at the same time. The purchaser of both units must be the same;
- To purchase two flats, two separate Letters of Offer are required.