The Hong Kong Housing Authority (HA) introduced in the past few decades various subsidised home ownership schemes, including the Home Ownership Scheme (HOS), the Tenants Purchase Scheme (TPS), Home Purchase Loan Scheme and the Home Assistance Loan Scheme. Since 1997, we have also been operating the HOS Secondary Market Scheme (SMS), which provides an alternative for public rental housing (PRH) tenants to own a home. This in turn enables us to recover more PRH flats for allocation to families in need. In response to the home ownership aspirations of the community, the Government announced in 2011 the resumption of the HOS. The HA is responsible for producing the new HOS flats and working out the implementation details. The HA launched the Green Form Subsidised Home Ownership Pilot Scheme in October 2016 to help Green Form applicants achieve home ownership, through sale of flats with prices set at a level lower than those of HOS flats, while releasing more PRH flats for allocation to those applying for PRH. The HA reviewed the Green Form Subsidised Home Ownership Scheme (GSH) pilot project and endorsed regularising the GSH in January 2018.
- HA approves average selling prices and arrangements for Sale of HOS Flats 2019 and WSM 2019 (15/03/2019)
- Response by HA to media enquiries on flat size of GSH (07/03/2019)
- Selection of sites for sale under Green Form Subsidised Home Ownership Scheme 2019 (06/03/2019)
- Ballots drawn for Sale of Green Form Subsidised Home Ownership Scheme Flats 2018 (25/02/2019)
- Sale of GSH Flats 2018 receives over 40 000 applications (01/02/2019)