The Hong Kong Housing Authority (HA) maintains an application system of public rental housing (PRH) applicants. Based on this system, we are able to offer PRH flats to eligible applicants in an equitable and orderly manner.
We have set specific eligibility criteria and are offering various schemes to cater for the needs of different PRH applicants. Please click the following link for details:
- Ordinary Families (General Eligibility Criteria for PRH)
- Elderly Persons (Single Elderly Persons Priority Scheme and Elderly Persons Priority Scheme)
- Non-elderly One-person Applicants
- Harmonious Families Priority Scheme
Our PRH estates are grouped under four districts in Hong Kong:
- Urban (including Hong Kong Island and Kowloon)
- Extended Urban (including Tung Chung, Sha Tin, Ma On Shan, Tseung Kwan O, Tsuen Wan, Kwai Chung and Tsing Yi)
- The New Territories (including Tuen Mun, Yuen Long, Tin Shui Wai, Sheung Shui, Fanling and Tai Po)
- The Islands (excluding Tung Chung)
Owing to the scarcity of PRH units in the Urban district, PRH applicants can only choose any one from among the three non-urban districts for their future housing allocation. However, applicants who are eligible to join the Single Elderly Persons Priority Scheme, the Elderly Persons Priority Scheme or the Harmonious Families Priority Scheme and opt to live with their elderly family member(s) in the same flat may choose any district.
According to the supply of new and refurbished flats available in the Urban District, with effect from 9 July 2019, HA allows Public Rental Housing applicants who registered on or before 30 September 2014 to switch their choice to the Urban District.
Families fulfiling the eligibility criteria listed below can apply for PRH. Families with elderly member(s) can enjoy certain credit in the waiting time and priority in flat allocation.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You and your family member(s) must be residing in Hong Kong and have the right to land in Hong Kong without subject to any conditions of stay (except for conditions concerning limit of stay).
- Your household monthly income and total net asset must not exceed the prevailing limits.
- You and your family member(s) must possess no domestic property in Hong Kong.
- At the time of allocation, at least half of your family members included in the application must have lived in Hong Kong for seven years and are still living in Hong Kong.
The Subsidised Housing Committee endorsed at the meeting on 14 February 2017 the introduction of a frozen period for family applicants currently living in public rental housing starting from 1 April 2017. For details, please refer to the following press release.
Please click the following link for more details:
PRH applicants who have their address changed can notify us, as well as various government departments and non-governmental organisations by using the online Change of Address service at the GovHK, the one-stop website portal of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Government.
|HA Hotline:||2712 2712|
|Office Address:||Applications Sub-section, Housing Department
Podium Level 2
Hong Kong Housing Authority Customer Service Centre
3 Wang Tau Hom South Road, Lok Fu
Kowloon, Hong Kong