Hong Kong Housing Authority and Housing Department

Eligibility (GSH)

Eligibility (GSH)
Definition of Green Form Applicants

The Subsidised Housing Committee of the Hong Kong Housing Authority (HA) endorsed on 26 April 2023 the revised eligibility for purchase of subsidised sale flats (SSF) that public rental housing (PRH) tenants or Rental Estate tenants of the Hong Kong Housing Society (HKHS) applying to purchase SSFs as Green Form (GF) applicants would be subject to the same restrictions on ownership of domestic property in Hong Kong applicable to White Form (WF) applicants of Home Ownership Scheme (HOS) with effective from the “Sale of Home Ownership Scheme Flats 2023”.  Under the revised eligibility criteria, PRH tenants and Rental Estate tenants of HKHS who apply to purchase SSF as GF applicants should not have owned domestic properties in Hong Kong during the period from 24 months preceding the closing date for submitting the application up to the time of purchase.  In addition, Fixed-Term licensees of the HA will no longer be eligible for purchasing SSFs as GF applicants.  If the relevant Fixed-Term licensees fulfil the relevant eligibility, they can apply to purchase SSFs as WF applicants of HOS.

Subject to detailed eligibility criteria on age, family composition, etc. to be announced by the HA prior to the launch of each sale exercise, the following categories of persons are eligible for GF status in buying Green Form Subsidised Home Ownership Scheme (GSH) flats –

  • Households of PRH under the HA (tenants under conditional tenancies or monthly licensees of HA Transitional Rental Housing units are not allowed to submit application);
  • Households of Group A Rental Estates (Rental Estates) or Elderly Persons Flats under the HKHS (households of Group B Rental Estates or monthly licensees of HKHS Transitional Rental Housing units are not allowed to submit application);
  • Holders of a valid Green Form Certificate (GFC) – Applicable to Sale of Green Form Subsidised Home Ownership Scheme Flats Only” issued by the HD / the Urban Renewal Authority (URA); and
  • Recipients of Rent Allowance for the Elderly Scheme (RAES) administered by the HA, provided that they or any member of the family have not breached any clause of their Rent Allowance Agreement.