Meeting Special Needs
When allocating public rental flats, we will take into consideration the special needs of particular tenants in order to cater for their individual housing needs:
- Senior Citizens － Elderly persons can enjoy certain priority when applying for public rental flats.
- Persons with Disabilities － We have special arrangements in flat allocation and facilities to cater for the needs of disabled persons.
- Families with Problems － Families can seek help from the Social Welfare Department and apply for change of housing arrangements if disputes in the household create extreme difficulties for the family to live together.
- Families with Financial Hardships － Tenants who encounter financial hardship can apply for rent assistance or apply to move to a flat with lower rent.
- Tenants Affected by Estate Clearance － Tenants will be given ex-gratia allowance and be rehoused if eligible.
- Clearees － Occupants affected by clearance operations will be rehoused if eligible.
Temporary Accommodation in Transit Centre － Temporary accommodation for homeless people who are affected by disasters, emergencies or government clearance operations.