Hong Kong Housing Authority and Housing Department

Families with Problems

Families with Problems

If family problems lead to a change in housing requirements, we will consider applications for change in housing arrangements due to the following reasons:


When a couple living in a public rental housing (PRH) flat is divorced and one of them has to move out, the couple can apply to change the tenancy after they have reached an agreement on their own.


Any PRH tenants having serious and deep-rooted disharmony among family members or other reasons deserving sympathetic consideration, they can apply for household splitting. Such applications will be considered on a case by case basis.


Marriages, births and family reunion will increase the number of members in a household. When the PRH flat becomes too crowded, the household can apply for flat transfer to relieve the overcrowding situation.